Wednesday, January 4, 2012

NFL Playoff Predictions: Wild Card

It would be hard to root this week for the Detroit Lions, who have quietly made themselves into one of the league's most unlikable teams, which is no small feat considering the Lions have been off the radar for decades. But this week, I will be cheering for the Lions, because like many other Packers fans I view the New Orleans Saints as Green Bay's most dangerous potential opponent.

Other than that, I'm pretty much indifferent about the Wild Card round, though it does strike me that there are more "undeserving" playoff teams this season than usual.

Saints over Lions
In a massive blowout

Giants over Falcons
In an extremely close game, maybe one that goes to overtime

Texans over Bengals
Because Houston is at home and its running game wins the day

Steelers over Broncos
But I think that's as far as the Steelers can go without Mendenhall

No comments: